Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Distractions

When at work, some people are working hard but things are always moving at a snail speed. In contrast, some people are high efficient. I was once told that the key to efficiency is concentration. My parents as well as my teachers endlessly told me to concentrate on what I am dealing with, never did I really concentrate myself on just one thing. When my knowledge grows and my understanding of the world becomes mature, I gradually become aware of the fact that distractions is the real enemy behind concentration. I was just told to be concentrated but have never been told to avoid distractions. One can never concentrate on one thing with distractions! I have made some efforts to get rid of distraction, most of which are from "outside world", for example, simplifying my computer and iPad, etc.

When our memos are filled up with to-dos; Pressure clouds every single place of our "inside world", those efforts I just mentioned will no longer be helpful enough, because these distractions are from inner world. Pressure is typically an inside distraction. With pressure, one can easily fail to manage things because of his or her inner vulnerability. Even with a strong mind, one can still be destroyed by pressure because pressure is unlimited and self-inflated. When we lose the ability to concentrate, we will lose efficiency,  and even confidence. Finally, becoming an ordinary person.


No comments:

Post a Comment