Sunday, September 23, 2012

Direction and Concentration



Should I go for the Export program? Should I apply for a Research program? Should I carry out a long-put plan for starting a student organization? Should I build a team to join the coming case competition? Should I begin to prepare for the next speech competition? Should I get the CFA title as soon as possible? Should I start to prepare for the GRE? I filled myself with questions like this, but I never even put a why in front of them. For sure I am an ambitious and diligent young man, but I need a right direction so that I can charge forward with one hundred percent of my energy. 

I find myself anxious once I calm down. Being persistent on my decisions is becoming harder and harder, because I feel that any decisions that I made at this point will influence my entire life. I get stuck in this conception, and become a man easily moved. 

Tonight, I asked myself this question: What do I want? I answered quickly: I want to go to a well-known graduate school. I want to stay in a school I longed for long for my last two years of school life. 

The goal is simple and straight forward. But it is not as easy as it looks, I must concentrate myself on this so that I can realize it. So I go back to those questions, and look at them again. Now my mind becomes clear: I only need to make the effort that can contribute to my goal. So now, what should I do? Find a research opportunity; get an intern in the summer; focus on my current student club; begin to prepare for the GRE and study as long as possible for the courses. I feel much easier. Then I put them in order: courses, GRE, student club, internship, research. These 5 areas look sound and great.

One big philosophy in the formula of success is concentration. The great power in it has been seen from many extraordinary people and their stories. Once I truly understand this point, I am one step closer to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment