Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Power of Being Happy

Recently, I find enormous power of being happy.
I spent most of my time being in the middle space of happiness and bitterness. That is I neither feel happy nor feel upset. I have some moments of being happy when I achieve a goal or recreate with my friend. I also have many moments of being stressful and nervous when I am driven by my ambitions. So if there is a 10-point scale measuring happiness, I give myself 5 points.
We have many old sayings and notions telling us that in order to be happy, one has to torture himself first. Many people believe these notions and become followers of them. As a result, some of them quit because they are worn out. The remainders are the most willful people, but they have experienced so much pain.
Being happy is not about conquering, comparing or competing. It is only about self-sufficient. Once one achieves self-sufficient, he or she can gain happiness in the most sustainable way. Eventually, one can have permanent joy.
Being ambitious is not wrong. A man can have a heart as big as ocean. But at the meantime, the heart should also be big enough to hold all the things in it. Holding things is not a painful process, but rather a conscious act. This conscious act gives us happiness and makes us immune to life.
Being happy can drive away cowardliness and nervousness within ourselves. It is the ultimate power of all emotions; it controls every acts of us. I find myself feel more confident, courageous, self-controlled and intelligent when I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment